Monday, December 10, 2012

Entry Two

2

Dear Diary,

After Ralph, Simon, and I returned, Ralph called a meeting. We told the boys that we are on an island with pigs on it. Then we established rules. You can now only talk when you have the conch, unless you're Ralph. Then Piggy took the conch and reminded us that no grownups know where we are and we may be here for a long time. A littlun spoke through Piggy to tell us that he saw a beastie. Ralph told him there is no beast. I agreed and added that if there was, my hunters would hunt it and kill it. 

The next item on Ralph's mental agenda was rescue. He said that to help people find us we have to have a signal fire on top of the mountain. As soon as the words left his mouth, everyone was following me to gather wood. We made a massive heap before we realized we had no matches. Then I had the brilliant idea to use Piggy's specs as burning glasses. Ralph and I knelt by the wood until a tiny flame appeared. The flame spread and the boys cheered. Ralph shouted for the boys to gather more wood and the boys scattered through the upper forest.     

The fire was big, but there wasn't any smoke. Maurice said we needed to use green branches. Ralph decided that we needed people to look after the fire and I volunteered my choir/hunters to be responsible for keeping the fire going. The boys applauded my generosity and I grinned at them. Then Piggy got mad and set his gaze to the patch where we had found dead wood. We saw smoke rising among the creepers and realized that our fire had gone out of control and all of our fire wood was being burned. We also noticed that a littlun was missing and we can only assume he was somewhere in the fire.

Gathering Wood

Our Pile

Piggy's specs came in handy

Our fire got a bit out of control...

No comments:

Post a Comment