Monday, December 10, 2012

Entry Eight

8

Dear Diary,

Earlier today, I left Ralph's group. A small group of boys had followed. I told them that I was their chief and that we were going to forget the beast. I planned to get more of the biguns away from the conch, kill a pig, and give a feast. I decided that when we kill, we'll leave some of the kill for the beast. I thought that would satisfy it enough to leave us alone. 

The boys and I then went into the forest to hunt. We killed a pig and I told the boys that we would take the meat along the beach and then I'll invite everyone at the platform to the feast. Then we realized that we couldn't make a fire and I decided that we will raid Ralph's group and take fire. We left the head of the sow on a stick before running toward the beach.



Celebrating Our Kill

Our Sacrifice to the Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment